Farm Crew- Mechanic
- - Crops
- Henry, TN, USA
- Full Time
Are you passionate about taking on an opportunity where you can be a part of an amazing culture, work with awesome people and contribute to the success of a thriving organization? If so, read on... because we need you!
Tosh Farms is a rapidly growing, family-owned, crop and swine production business with over 400 employees. As part of this growth, we are looking to hire a mechanic to assist the farm crew in reducing equipment down time. If you a familiar with working on heavy equipment then this job is for you! Our experienced farm team will help mentor and grow you into the career you've always wanted. You will enjoy flexible hours during winter season to offset heavy hours during planting and harvest season. While we are family-owned, we are not a small outfit – we are 3 companies operating under the Tosh Farms umbrella, where the company owner was recently recognized as Farm Journals 2019 Top Producer.
- Diagnose and repair equipment when there are malfunctions.
- Determine service needs of equipment and make repairs.
- Complete preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Do diagnostics on equipment.
- Record details of repairs made and parts used.
- Reassemble machines under very little supervision.
- Examine and listen to equipment, read inspection reports, and diagnose malfunctions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of experience working with and repairing farm equipment.
- Independent judgement making.
- Full time/working extra hours in the spring/fall.
- Available weekends and late evenings.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to use both hands and feet repetitively.
- Must be able to walk, kneel, climb, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
What we offer:
A positive work environment that will allow you to use your innovative ideas to achieve operational efficiencies.
Paid time off after 6 months, health insurance, dental and vision coverage; 401(k) with company match; short term disability, 8 paid holidays, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement for both employee and dependent children.
If you are motivated by a challenge, and want to work for a growing company that is looking for a team player ready to contribute to our growth and success, then email your resume to email@example.com or complete an application at 1586 Atlantic Ave, Henry, TN 38231.