- - Crops
- Henry, TN, USA
- Full Time
Are you passionate about taking on an opportunity where you can be a part of an amazing culture, work with awesome people and contribute to the success of a thriving organization? If so, read on... because we need you!
Tosh Farms is a rapidly growing, family-owned, crop and swine production business with over 400 employees. As part of this growth, we are looking to hire employees with either entry level or experienced farm hands to assist our team in farming over 19,000 acres. In this role, you will be a part of supporting the largest hog operation in TN by planting and harvesting the crops used in our pig feed. If you a familiar with operating a combine and a planter, then this job is for you! Our experienced farm team will help mentor and grow you into the career you've always wanted. You will enjoy flexible hours during winter season to offset heavy hours during planting and harvest season. While we are family-owned, we are not a small outfit – we are 3 companies operating under the Tosh Farms umbrella, where the company owner was recently recognized as Farm Journals 2019 Top Producer.
In this role you should expect to:
- Be involved in the planting and harvesting of our crops.
- Operate tractors and implements.
- Complete routine maintenance and preparation of farm equipment
- And complete other farm duties as assigned
- Work 8+ hours a day during planting and harvest.
What you'll need to succeed in this role:
- Some experience or familiarity with operating farm equipment
- Ability to lift/push/pull 50 lbs. frequently, ability to walk, stand, climb, throughout shift 8-12 hours per day
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Valid driver's license
What's in it for you:
- A chance to make a difference, and feed the world
- Rewarding opportunities in a growing company
- Great benefits such as- health insurance, dental and vision coverage, short term disability, life insurance, 401k with company match, Paid holidays, Tuition reimbursement (employee & children)
Tosh Farms does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.