Purchasing Commodity Manager
- - Elevator
- Henry, TN, USA
- Full Time
- Health insurance, dental and vision coverage, short term disability, life insurance, 401k with company match, paid holidays, tuitionreimbursement (employee & children)
Tosh Farms is a rapidly growing, family-owned crop and swine production business with over 400 employees and growing to 500 employees within the next year. We are looking for a motivated and knowledgeable individual to work as an Elevator Manager at our main corporate office in Henry, TN. This position is a management position overseeing 5.7 million bushels of grain storage and 3 receiving pits.
While we are family-owned, we are not a small outfit - we are 3 companies operating under the Tosh Farms umbrella where the owner, Jimmy Tosh, was recently recognized as Farm Journals 2019 Top Producer.
What You'll Do
- Oversee grain operations and optimize grain inventories
- Merchandise overall grain positions in accordance with company guidelines
- Coordinate movement of grain: receiving, grading, loading, storage, feed use and sale
- Communication with Executive Management on grain positions and grain programs
- Stay current on market conditions as well as area crop conditions to minimize liability and maximize profit margins
- Ensure a quality product through regular monitoring of grain conditions
- Grain grading in accordance with USDA
- Inventory management (including physical assessment of inventory quantities and condition)
- Responsible for writing, adjusting, and pricing grain contracts
- Maintain a positive team environment with all personnel and customers
- Operation requires outside work in all weather conditions
- Participate in employee recruitment and conduct interviews for hiring
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are?
- Bachelor's degree in Agricultural related program required
- In lieu of education, 6 years' experience working in Grain/Elevator Management
- Strong decision-making & problem-solving skills with independent decision-making ability
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Ability to connect with people throughout all levels of organization
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Superb computer literacy in all MS Office
- Keen eye for detail
- Management experience with the ability to lead/teach others
- Medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) with match, short term disability, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement program.
Tosh Farms does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts