- - Trucking
- Henry, TN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) with match, short term disability, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement program for both employee & employee’s dependents
Tosh Farms is a rapidly growing, family-owned crop and swine production business with over 450+ employees and expansion plans targeting 500+ within next 2 years. Tosh Farms consists of three separate enterprises working in a synergistic fashion: Tosh Farms is the crop production company, Tosh Pork, LLC is the swine production company, and Bacon By Gosh, Inc is the transportation company.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a high energy Trucking Dispatcher to make a positive stamp on our business. The Trucking Dispatcher has the responsibility for the Bacon by Gosh entity schedules which includes the day-to-day communications with receivers and drivers, discussing any special handling issues, and route planning of ~80 employees who transport livestock, feed, and ingredients. This position requires a candidate with excellent attention to detail, and time management skills.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the on-time delivery of products and identifying potential issues that may disrupt deliveries such as road conditions, construction zones, accidents, etc.
- Create schedule for ~80 cdl drivers for livestock, feed, and ingredients
- Participate in meetings to ensure targeted deadlines are met
- Use strong communication skills to elevate driver team & inform customer of any potential delays
- Communicate potential problems to Director of Transportation and recommend solutions
- Manage & grow key relationships with internal and external customers
- Answer calls from drivers and relay any emergencies they have to the appropriate channels
- Champion a safety culture
- Ensure effective and efficient use of all equipment and drivers
- Coordinates equipment with Shop for repairs and preventative maintenance
Who You Are?
- Bachelor's degree in Business discipline preferred but not required
- 4+ years of relevant dispatch experience (CDL a plus)
- Strong decision-making & problem-solving skills with independent decision-making ability
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Ability to connect with people throughout all levels of organization
- Understanding of regulatory compliance
- Superb computer literacy in all MS Office
- High-level organizational skills with attention to detail, allowing you to handle high volumes of work and multiple-priorities
- Medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) with match, short term disability, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement program for both employee & employee's dependents
If you are motivated by a challenge and will appreciate a sense of accomplishment as we position Tosh Farms for the future, then please apply online and upload your cover letter/resume to: https://toshfarms.plansource.com/jobsearch/
Tosh Farms does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.